Widely recognized as New York City’s premier financial literacy conference for middle and high school teachers of personal finance, this day of professional development held on Election Day each year builds teachers’ capacity to teach personal finance.
November 7, 2017
8:30 am – 3:30 pm | Astor House: 130 East 80th Street, New York, NY
The MoneyPOWER Conference features:
- Guest speakers on current economic and financial topics
- Workshops on curriculum development, industry best practices, new programs and other personal finance topics
- A resources fair with exhibitors from corporations and nonprofits
- Complimentary consultations with financial planners and wills and estates attorneys
- Networking opportunities
The Conference also celebrates the exceptional achievements of schools and teachers who participate in w!se’s Financial Literacy Certification program. For more information, please visit our Financial Literacy Certification page.
2017 workshops include:
- Use Story Telling to Teach Personal Finance!
- The World of Exchange Traded Funds
- NGPF: A Rich Personal Finance Resource at your Fingertips
- Making Money with Today’s Low Interest Rates
- Tax Strategies to Build Wealth
- Insurance Essentials: Life, Disability and Long Term Care
- Making Sense of College Costs and Financial Aid
- Get Smart About Credit
- 10 Entertaining Ways to Teach Personal Finance
- Budgeting Your Way to Debt Freedom
- Free Resources from the St. Louis Fed